Emergency management at the facilities of UMinho is based on a comprehensive coordination of all the risks present in each cycle of an emergency - preparation, response, recovery and mitigation.
The emergency management programme of UMinho is tasked with:
• Development, update and implementation of self-protection measures.
• Facilitating and coordinating simulation exercises.
• Training and informing the community on how to act in case of emergency.
• Supervising and coordinating the emergency planning, mitigation, preparation, response and the efforts to restore the sites.
• Notifying the community and Civil Protection Agents after declaring a state of emergency.
• Effectively coordinating human and material resources in case of emergency.